Re: FC5/KDE3.5 beamer woes

Ernest B. M wrote:
ok, now that we know what it is - has anybody experienced this
problem? You are a a very important meeting, (and are very proud of your OS, its not windoze). You fire up the projector, connect the laptoy and la! the resolutions dont match, you have to tinker with Xorg.conf to get it right, and everyone is asking.. what the hell is he doing? (and someone with an apple laughts at you proudly)
Why not setup xorg.conf with the most common resolutions (at least 1024x768 and 800x600, besides that you normally use) and just cycle between them with CTRL + and CTRL - if necessary? For me, this is ok...
Ops! CTRL ALT + e CTRL ALT -

sorry but this doesnt seem to be working here! does it actually also
modify the resolution of the screen on the laptop (in real time) plus
the projector? (or does this just apply to the projector screen only?)
or do i have to restart X?

-eb

have you tried using krandrtray utility ? Once you execute this, its icon will appear in the menubar (notification area). right click to select the resolution (I believe it will display all the resolutions that is in xorg.cong)

-G
begin:vcard
fn:Ganesha Bhaskara
n:Bhaskara;Ganesha
org:University of Southern California;Electrical Engineering - Systems
adr:;;;Los Angeles;CA;90089;USA
email;internet:bhaskara@xxxxxxx
title:Network Design and Testing Lab
tel;work:213-740-2685