Re: Emulating I. E.6

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 22:02 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have both of these set to IE6.  Could someone please take a look at
> > http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm and see whether the links on the left
> > work?  Specifically, I wanted the "Door to Door 'Opt Out' service", but the
> > link does not appear to be active.  I'm assuming that this too is an IE site.
>
> Post Script (sorry): in Firefox, View menu -> Page Style -> No Style.
>
> Looks like they're trying to be too clever with their CSS.

I was about to click on the link to get that IE thingie then I thought,
oh Hell naw! That would add wayward4now to the ranks of recorded IE
users and tip the scales just that much further towards the Evil Empire
of M$. Oh, Hell naw! AIN'T GONNA DO IT! It defeats the whole purpose of
using Firefox or whatever that isn't Microsoft Internet Explorer.

There is no way that a Governing Body can insist on the use of one
browser or another, in anything resembling a equitable and just society.
Whatever your equivalent to an ACLU is could be brought to bear on this
site and box their ears soundly (or do you say 'roundly' over there?).
Some kinda ass-whipping is in order. Just say "No!"

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/