Port Redirection in Fedora

I ran OS/2 for many years, although I had some DOS programs which I continued to use inside a VDM (Virtual Display Monitor).
A DOS VDM could not actually access the hardware.

I would set up a print under OS/2 to 'talk' to LPT1. Then I could set up a virtual printer, the same as real one, aimed at LPT2, and then re-direct the LPT2 output to LPT1.

The DOS program thought that it was talking to LPT2, as it was actually dealing with the re-direction code.

The same thing can be done under Windows with a program called RedMon, so that you can 'print' to Ghostscript and get PDF output.

My question.

How do you re-direct output from a virtual port to a real printer spool, under Fedora?

Geoff