Re: Crappy HDDs Killing Computers

Chong Yu Meng wrote:

Let's all wait for the other shoe to drop.

After three hours on the different powersupply one of the drives (with no SATA connection) has spontaneously started clunking every few seconds and has twice spun down and up again. When I picked it up to read the label it stopped clunking briefly then resumed.

Samsung SP2504C 250GB

Definitively FC5 is nothing to do with my HDD unhappiness.

-Andy