Re: new mplayer builds eliminate need for win32 codecs?

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 09:39 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > I usually chroot to an old 32bit FC4 install in-order to view wmv files.
> > If indeed it works, this is a -big- step forward.
> > With gnash slowly taking shape and native 64bit OO planned for FC6, the
> > only 32bit application I plan on running is Quake 4 :)
> >
> > Gilboa
> >

> FWIW, on the off chance you folks have not seen this, you might want to
> review this article on Real Networks' agreement with MS to provide open
> source codecs:
>
>    http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-6105970.html
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz

Snow in hell.
Pigs flying around me.
RealPlayer releases codecs under GPL.

What's next? OpenWindowsVistaGPL?

j/k... I'm no license fanboy, but somehow I don't see them releasing their codecs, source open or not, under GPL and such, it is useless when it comes to mplayer / xine.

GIlboa