Re: adding packages from original install location

On 8/16/06, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here are some notes I wrote down when I wanted to install some SW from
my DVD.  Probably the simplest thing would be to go read
http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1055 which is what inspired this
particular note.
Hope this helps...
--wpd

Thanks a ton, Patrick. That worked to get Yum to use the local core
repository. I commented out the default baseurl and mirrorlist and
added my own base URL. Initially it didn't work. I had to remove the
comment from gpgkey (it was there by default).
I did a groupinstall 'Development Tools'. The packages are installing now.
Thanks again.

--
Regards
Vivek