Re: Latest Seamonkey update

Greetings Jim,

Jim Cornette wrote:
Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
Greetings Jim ,

The installer version works fine. It is the rpm version available from Fedora Extras that seems to be having a problem with SELinux lately.

If you don't mind the problem occurs if the rpm is downloaded from
any repository or from a specific repository . The reason am asking is that there is a chance that my Fedora Core 4 system is unaware of the fact that am running Seamonkey 1.0.4 . I mean chances are that i can still try to download the rpm version and see how it goes .

Chances are then that the rpm version would error on an FC4 system too.

See above , if you wish i can test it .

Thanks for revealing that you are using the installer version.

Well it was my mistake not to reveal from the very first moment that
am using the installer version ( in fact i have always done so , due to
PSTN restrictions ( yum update is problematic when someone downloads with a maximum speed of 5,5 KB/sec ) .

(Nothing wrong with the installer version, it worked fine the last time I
installed it)

This has been my experience too ( Fedora Core 4 ) .

Kostas