Re: Latest Seamonkey update

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
Greetings Jim,

Jim Cornette wrote:
Norm wrote:
Is it just me or are others having problems with Seamonky after the update yesterday?

I had Seamonkey working well in my core 5 installation, since then there seems to be no wy to start and run Seamonkey now. Assuming it was some problem I created I reinstalled core 5 and tried it again the problem still exists.

I have the problem also. The only remedy that I found was to put SELinux into permissive mode before launching seamonkey.

Well i have Seamonkey 1.0.4 here ( here is Fedora Core 4 & 2.6.17.8 )
and it works nicely . The SELinux policy here is targeted ( how well
configured targeted is another option , since i have defaults ), so
it might not be SELinux itself that it's causing the problem .

It seems that the policy for FC5 is a bit different than the policy for FC4. Seamonkey used to work fine with SELinux enabled. It somehow became effected by SELinux policy after a system relabeling. Also, removing and then reinstalling seamonkey did not correct the problem.

Jim

--
Fine day for friends.
So-so day for you.