Re: Boot floppy for FC5

There is also an IDE drive there, maybe putting GRUB in it's MBS will
work and set it up to boot from SCSI partition.

Yeah, even if you end up installing a (very small) system on the IDE drive, just for the convenience of using FC's installer to install grub. You can then install the whole system on the SCSI drive and have grub on the IDE point to the SCSI.

If you end up with /boot on the IDE as well, as someone mentioned you might, I wouldn't sweat it, I'd just remember to back /boot up from the IDE to the SCSI disks after any kernel update..