Re: FC5 Firefox and KMail

On Friday 04 August 2006 19:15, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > You lost me with the Main menu.  What application?
>
> Click on the Redhat icon on the panel (taskbar), then select
> preferences, then preferred applications. The preferred
> applications window gives you 4 choices. Webbrowser, Mail Reader,
> Text Editor, and Terminal. You can just change the Mail Reader to
> Kmail, and Firefox should now use Kmail rather than than Evolution
> as default.
>
> > > This appears to be working ok. Firefox > Tools > Read mail,
> > > opens up Kmail,
> >
> > I get no response, no errors
>
> Thats weird. You don't get any email client opening?
>
> > > and going to a website and finding an E-mail link opens
> > > up Kmails composer ok.
> >
> > nothing here as well
> >

> Which FC version are you using?

Not trying to be rude but you did not look real close at the subject
line. FC5

Your instructions above are of no value for FC5

I remember those settings from FC2, the configuration in FC5 is way
different.  I am still trying to figure out where things are and what
is not here any more and what is new that works better.  Things
changed a lot from FC2 to FC5.  I was real comfortable with FC2
because I used it for two years.  I made the change from FC2 to FC5
in one leap skipping over using FC3 and FC4.  I did an upgrade
install in about 4 hours from FC2, FC3, FC4, FC5, this was the only
way I could get the upgrade install to work.

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net/