Re: Broadcom 4319

"Christopher K. Johnson" <ckjohnson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
David G. Miller wrote:
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List, Has anyone got a Broadcom 4319 wireless card working in FC4 or FC5 with ndiswrapper? If not, does anyone have links to howtos or something of that sort? I'm mostly interested in finding out how well, if it all, the card works in Fedora. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Ranbir

I ended up continuing to use ndiswrapper. I was only able to get the bcm43xx module to work if I opened up my AP. With ndiswrapper, I'm able to continue to use WEP for authentication (WAP is a future project) and do MAC address filtering. I haven't retried bcm43xx for a couple of kernel builds but this was still the state the last time I tried it.
With the current kernel I have the bcm43xx module working using WEP on a couple of different Broadcom 43xx series chipsets. I have NetworkManager handling the activation and WEP key.

Chris
Sounds like its time to give it another try.  Two variables:

1) I'm running FC4 x86_64 on the laptop so this could still be a 64 bit issue or it could have something to do with the ATI 200m chipset on the laptop which has known clock issues. 2) It could be my particular AP responds outside of the window that bcm43xx currently allows.
The following is what I *was* seeing in dmesg:

Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
SoftMAC: Scanning finished
SoftMAC: Queueing Authentication Request to 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6
SoftMAC: cannot associate without being authenticated, requested authentication
SoftMAC: Queueing Authentication Request to 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6
SoftMAC: cannot associate without being authenticated, requested authentication
SoftMAC: Sent Authentication Request to 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6.
SoftMAC: Sent Authentication Request to 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6.
SoftMAC: Open Authentication with 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6 failed, error code: 13
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:7a:b6:f6 but did not
request authentication.
bcm43xx: Radio turned off

bcm43xx works fine if I open up the AP. If I use ndiswrapper with WEP, everything works. That the configuration works with ndiswrapper indicated to me that the problem is the coordination between my AP and bcm43xx. The last line above makes playing with this a real pain since the version I was using turned the radio off.

I may have a chance to play with bcm43xx again in a couple of days.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce