Re: FC5 Firefox and KMail

On Saturday 05 August 2006 00:51, Jack Gates wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 18:24, Nigel Henry wrote:

> > > No, I am using KDE.  I haven't been able to find anything in the
> > > many places to change settings there either. :(
> >
> > Hi Jack. I'm using KDE, and this is with FC2. I normally just use
> > Konqueror, and Kmail, but a while ago messed about with Firefox,
> > and which E-mail client it was using. By default it uses Evolution,
> > presumably because Gnome is the default desktop. Go to Main menu  >
> > Preferences > Preferred Applications. there are 4 tabs in this. the
> > mail reader one allows you to select Kmail for instance.
>
> You lost me with the Main menu.  What application?

Click on the Redhat icon on the panel (taskbar), then select preferences, then
preferred applications. The preferred applications window gives you 4
choices. Webbrowser, Mail Reader, Text Editor, and Terminal. You can just
change the Mail Reader to Kmail, and Firefox should now use Kmail rather than
than Evolution as default.

> > This appears to be working ok. Firefox > Tools > Read mail, opens
> > up Kmail,
>
> I get no response, no errors

Thats weird. You don't get any email client opening?

> > and going to a website and finding an E-mail link opens
> > up Kmails composer ok.
>
> nothing here as well
>
> > This is the same as Daniel mentioned, but he was working from
> > Gnome.
> >
> > All the best.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> --