Re: Playing MIDIs?

On Friday 21 July 2006 21:20, Ric Moore wrote:

[...]

>Gene, you have that SB setup stuff defined  in /etc/modprobe.conf
> right? Maybe she doesn't?

Possibly, lemme check since I haven't seen this box for 10 weeks.
Its rather lengthy because I'm actually running 2 audio systems here,
one for the regular linux noises using the audigy 2, and one for skype
using the ac97 emulation in the nforce2 chipset on the mobo.

Here is that file:
---------------
options ide-cd dma=1
alias char-major-89-* i2c-dev
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
options adm1021 ignore=0,0x4e
alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off
alias char-major-81-* videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-81-64 bttv
alias char-major-81-1 spca50x
#alias char-major-81-2 spca50x
#alias char-major-81-3 spca50x
#alias char-major-81-4 spca50x
#alias char-major-81-5 spca50x
alias char-major-195* nvidia

# sound stuff, subject to heavy mods in future

# For Alsa
# 1st, make the SB Live / SB Audigy 2 the default
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1

# 2nd, and then skype can use /dev/dsp1
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0

# For Alsa's Oss emulation?
alias snd-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias snd-slot-1 snd-card-1
# Alsa's Oss emulation
# for emu10k1/SBLive Value/Audigy 2 Value stuff
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

# Now, for nforce2's ac97 stuffs
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
# But, whats this?
alias char-major-116-* snd
alias char-major-14-* sound
install synth0 /bin/true
alias snd-slot-2 off
# end of sound

alias eth0 forcedeth
# alias eth1 8139too
alias char-major-188-* pl2303
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
alias char-major-81-* videodev
install cx88-atsc /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-atsc
install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-dvb
install btcx-risc /sbin/modprobe tuner;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
btcx-risc

alias char-major-89-* i2c-dev
alias char-major-195* nvidia
alias char-major-116-* snd
alias char-major-14-* sound
alias char-major-188-* pl2303
alias char-major-81 cx8800

Thats not as concise as it could be, but its working fine.  For Anne,
ignore the snd-slot(or service)-1-xx stuffs unless she also has a mobo
sound chipset that could put to use for such as skype.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: