Re: Playing MIDIs?

On Thursday 20 July 2006 13:04, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >Hmm - it looks as though there is something else wrong here, though
> > (FC4):
> >
> >There was an error loading the module KMid.
> >The diagnostics is:
> >The library libkmidpart does not offer an init_libkmidpart function.
>
> Now you have the better of me Anne. KMid is a program, not a loadable
> kernel module (AFAIK).

I'm sure you are right.  The message doesn't make sense, does it?

> And, under fc5 at least on my lappy, ISTR KMid
> didn't work, but one of the gnomish things did whose name now escapes
> me did.

At one point with Mandriva I could not get KMid to work, but there was another
one called KMidi which did work.  KMid is working now, though.  I had to do
the soundfont load, then change the wavetable to one of those specifically
labelled Audigy whatever.  I've put the soundfont load command into rc.local,
so hopefully that will be done automatically in future.

Anne