Re: Mozilla Suite to Seamonkey transition?

On 7/19/06, Rahul <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Millett wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 18:27 +0530, Rahul wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me how seemless the Mozilla Suite to Seamonkey
>>> transition is (in FC5 if that makes a difference). I have been using
>>> Mozilla Suite for years now, but the crashes are becoming annoying. I
>>> have numerous bookmarks, history, email, and a theme that I want from
>>> the suite. Is it jsut as simple as yum install seamonkey?
>> Yes. It should be. Seamonkey obsoletes Mozilla suite automatically.
>>

> Yes, should be, but is not.

Actually it does but Yelp and Devhelp still builds against the classic
Mozilla suite.

  If you can live without yelp & devhelp,
> then it is.

Since Fedora Core packages cannot depend on extras ones, we either need
to pull in seamonkey into Fedora Core or rebuild Yelp and Devhelp
against Firefox or XULRunner if we can do it within FC6 timeframe.  I
will initiate a discussion in fedora-maintainers list. Thanks for the
pointer.

Rahul