"lost" my LVM volume

Hi all,

Doing some tests earlier this evening in an effort to track down
problems I was having with a second SATA PCI card, I booted my FC5
system with one of the disks disconnected which was part of an LVM
volume. This was composed of three partitions across three drives:
/dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdd1.

When I reattached the drive and rebooted, my LVM volume had
disappeared, even though, according to fdisk, all three drives are
clearly present.

Can someone tell me how I can non-destructively recreate the volume? I
am reluctant to start from scratch with pvcreate, vgcreate, and so on
without knowing for sure I won't lose my files.

Thanks.

--
 Colin Brace
 Amsterdam