Re: AIGLX compared with Novell XGL

I tried XGL on ubuntu, and I have to dissapoint you and say that Xgl
beats aiglx when it comes to Bling(c). I do not know what the current
status of aiglx is, since the fedora aiglx repository have not been
updated since april.

If you want to try aiglx on fedora, make shure that your graphics card
is supported before you install it. Atm it only works with open source
drivers like i810.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-199899523054020719&q=Linux

> Is the Fedora version anywhere as advanced as this ?, the last time I
> tried it, it really screwed up my configuration and it took a lot of
> yuming to fix.

If you want a real taste of it without switching distros nor compromising
your current setup, try the kororaa live distro. It has XGL. Note that like
Novell's video, the desktop is Gnome. At the time I tried it, I seem to
remember some article saying KDE support for XGL was in the works.