How To configure a usb wireless interface?

I have a Linksys Wusb11 V2.6 usb to wireless network gizmo. I downloaded
the at76c503a drivers, compiled them and loaded the modules. So far no
problem. The network interface is registered as wlan0. I was able to set
up the interface using iwconfig, ifconfig and route. Networking works
just fine.

Unfortunately the Fedora network management tool refuses to recognize
this interface so I cannot configure it with the nice gui.

So my question is: How do I set up the networking scripts so that the
network will come up and go down in an orderly fashion when I plug and
unplug the usb adaptor?

Also, do I have to do it all manually, or is there a way to tell the
system-config-network script to add wlan0 to it's list of available
interfaces?

Thanks.

Derek Tattersall