Re: OT : No Flash 8 nor Flash 9 ?

oldman wrote:

Jamie Bohr wrote:
Has any ones asked Adobe to update the Linux version?

	As I recall, Adobe intends to supply a Linux plug-in for the next
version, which is expected to be released near the end of the year.
I have no idea why it should be a problem to get a version for flash8,
but, on the other hand maybe I'll just get used to not going to all of
these flash only sites by then?

Scott

My kids would have a hard time living w/o disneychannel.com
<http://disneychannel.com> and having to do all the other stuff would
drive my wife insane and ask the question why do we have to put up with
.... so for now we have serval M$ systems (games, Toon Town, ....).  I
don't want to start something, I prefer Linux.

    <mailto:cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    >>> http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Talk:Flash_Player#Linux_Support
    >>>
    >>> I've installed FF/Flash/Shockwave under wine with OK results.....
    >>>
    >>> Man, I *hate* pages that require flash!
    >>>

    >> As do I. I am just happy that I didn't install Flash support for
    Konqueror.

    > Even worse, when running the 64 bit version of linux, the flash
    player
    > doesn't exist.
    >

    >>> Chris
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >> --
    >> To be updated...

    I just install firefox with wine and install flash 8 for those pages
    that you just can't live without. I know that it is completely against
    the whole 'free software' principle, but it is just the way it has
    to be
    for now.
    -Steven