Re: OT : No Flash 8 nor Flash 9 ?

Has any ones asked Adobe to update the Linux version?

My kids would have a hard time living w/o disneychannel.com and having to do all the other stuff would drive my wife insane and ask the question why do we have to put up with .... so for now we have serval M$ systems (games, Toon Town, ....).  I don't want to start something, I prefer Linux.

On 7/4/06, Steven Pasternak <stevenp500@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 18:14 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> On 7/3/06, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Talk:Flash_Player#Linux_Support
>>>
>>> I've installed FF/Flash/Shockwave under wine with OK results.....
>>>
>>> Man, I *hate* pages that require flash!
>>>

>> As do I. I am just happy that I didn't install Flash support for Konqueror.
>>

> Even worse, when running the 64 bit version of linux, the flash player
> doesn't exist.
>

>>> Chris
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> To be updated...

I just install firefox with wine and install flash 8 for those pages
that you just can't live without. I know that it is completely against
the whole 'free software' principle, but it is just the way it has to be
for now.
-Steven