Xen curiosity

Just curious:

Suppose I have a system with several separate boot partitions
on it and several version of linux on the different partitions.

Can I install the Xen kernel on one of them, then teach Xen
to run the existing kernels from the other boot partitions
as guests?

Or does Xen insist on being the one who installed things to
be able to run them?

Let's make it an even bigger challenge: Suppose the kernels
are a mix of i386 and x86_64 kernels, can Xen run mixed
architecture guests at the same time?

(There is so much marketing hyperbabble on the Xen web sites,
I can't ever seem to find the answer to concrete questions
like this :-).