Re: Using Terminal

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 07:06 -0400, Jim Moore wrote:
> Am a rank newbie to FC5 and am trying to set up a Canon printer with
> CUPS.  Whatever command I type in the terminal, I get the return
> -"command not found" ,i.e.,
> -lsusb
> -command not found

Could be because you don't have the RPM installed that included the
commands that you're trying, or it might be how you're logged in.

If you just typed "su", you wouldn't get the full user environment set
up.  To administer your system, become root use by typing:  su -

On FC4, lsusb comes with the usbutils RPM, which isn't installed by
default.  I don't recall whether FC5 is the same.

I read messages from the public lists.