Re: FC5 networking question, emachines t3418

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Peter Horst wrote:

[snip network issues]

[snip helpful advice]

Well, I got sick of mucking about so I grabbed an old NIC out of the cupboard and threw it in.  A minute later I was up and running - I guessed right that all I had to do was copy & slightly alter "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/cfg-eth0" as "cfg-eth1". So I guess it's something with the actual hardware on that brand-new machine.  Drag.  Thanks everyone for all the help, it's definitely appreciated.

Is there any chance this could be considered a bug?  I'd report it if there were a hardware database somewhere to check against.

Thank God computers still come with PCI slots :-)

Peter