Re: The desktop wars

On 6/19/06, Steven Pasternak <stevenp500@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We need advertising!!! Most people I've spoken to have never heard of
linux (or suse or fedora or debian etc.). If granny knew that linux
could bring life back into her WinME system, she would know to buy
redhat or suse or anything not windows and $400!

Well, shw would probably go to the local big chain store and buy an
overpriced name brand PC (dell, hp etc) that has windows installed,
and not even know she had paid for windows.

Mean while, the non grannies would "know" that changing to linux means
their prinder or scanner wont work, and that they can't use email etc
etc, and that know one ueses linux any way.

What we need is for the Dell's and Hp's to start actively promoting
their PC's with linux, and not to charge more for the privilage than
they do for their windows based PC's.

Don't hold your breath

--
Rob