CUPS printer drivers -

                   I normally run XFCE with this FC-5 computer.  I have
                   found it impossible to configure my printers
                   directly from the selection provided with the cups
                   set up function.  I have two very common printers,
                   an HP6840 wireless and an Epson Stylus C62 connected
to LPT1.
                   I have discovered after seeing something on this
                   list that I can use KDE to set up my printers, the
                   difference being that it provides a very extensive
                   list of printer model numbers including both the
                   printers I am using.  And in each case, when I
                   finally got around to switching to KDE I have been
                   able to restore my printers to operation.  Gnome
                   might accomplish the same thing but I rarely use
                   either one and have not tried it.  So I guess my
                   question is why doesn't CUPS Admin. provide the same
                   driver list?  This seems to be a problem manifest
                   only in the last couple of months ...  In the past
                   I've been able to set up with CUPS alone.

                   Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod