Re: The desktop wars

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 22:28, Peter Gordon wrote:

> > You can set up an IMAP server and move the email to the IMAP server and
> > then it's usable by any and all mail clients
>
> While this is great from an administrative point of view, I find it hard
> to believe that the average user would change their mail setup so
> drastically to be interoperable with other OSes.

It works really well and is especially worthwhile if you are
adding a new machine instead of converting the old one.  Fire
up dovecot on the linux box, add an imap account pointing to
it on the existing machine, drag the old mail over to imap
folders and then you can still access it from the old
machine along with your choice of mailers on the new one.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx