Re: Enabling history keys

Fidel Leon wrote:
> Sorry for not being more specifical...
>
> Under SuSE (and Mandriva, if I remember correctly, and maybe others), you
> can start typing a command, and hitting TAB gives you the commands starting
> with the typed keys (not a need of hitting Ctrl+R). PrevPage, NextPage and
> so on work for navigating through the history.
>
> Fidel Leon - EA3LF
> ea3lf@xxxxxxxxx

This works in FC5. One thing to keep in mind though is that if there
is more then one match for what you have typed so far, you have to
hit TAB a second time to get a list of matching commands.

Now, if you want to search through the command history, then hitting
Ctrl-R or Ctrl-S will start a command history search. You can also
use the up/down arrows or Ctrl-P/Ctrl-N to scroll through the
command history. (There are a lot more keys for navigating the
history - they are covered in the bash man page.)

Mikkel