Re: block emails with Fetchmail...

I am using Rquest Tracker email system... So Fetchmail gets the email from a pop server and delivers them locally and RT (Request Tracker) picks them up from the local mail folder for the user. So procmail would go in between the two?

On 6/19/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 10:54 -0400, Phil top-posted:
> yes but I am accepting mail from the /var/spool/mail/user folder for a
> ticketing system, so with procmail can I filter it before it gets put
> into the folder? Not sure I understand how procmail works I thought it
> was a mailing list manager...?

No, it's a general-purpose mail filtering and delivery application.
Sendmail uses it for local mail delivery by default on Fedora, and it
can also be used to deliver mail by fetchmail if you like.

What does your fetchmail currently do with the mail you use it with?

Paul.