Re: FC4 or FC5

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 11:01 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> > jdow is confounding.  But, Les really has me going for a loop.  The guy
> > uses GPL software left, right, and centre, but is constantly crying
> > about the GPL license.
>
> If you had read any of the postings, you should know that my
> complaint is that the GPL has done more than anything else to
> keep Microsoft in business and a monopoly.

	I'm afraid you lost me totally here, Les.  I was following you all the
way (since I've heard the exact same words SO many times over the years)
up until this part.  How did you come to the idea that the GPL is
helping keep MS a monopoly and in business?  That's like saying taking
arsenic will help you live longer.  Everything else you argued has merit
and is reasonable.  This one, though, is like something out of a deep
Opium dream.

--
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj@xxxxxxxxxxx>