Re: grandkids strike again

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 23:18 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> >> ----
> >> w32codec - get it from axel's repository
> > ----
> > I forgot...if you do install this, you would then qualify as a
> > 'sanctimonious twit' per Joanne...but I digress...
>
> Chuckle, yes I've been watching this with some amusement.  I take it the
> majority of the responders to that thread have no idea who Joanne is.
>
> Some of the younger ones should have a little more respect for those who
> have been there, and done that, and she has.  She has, back in history,
> paid her dues, including to open source.  I'm a late comer in that I've
> only known her for about 15 years.   She teaches with a ruler for
> rapping knuckles always within reach, but she can both teach, and write
> code, good code.
>
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-June/msg02196.html

----
given her disdain for open source code...we would never have a chance to
see her code and judge whether it is any good or not. She has made it
clear that she doesn't intend to contribute to the code base that would
benefit those on the list...at least without filling her belly.

given her arrogance where she said that she was more honest than most on
this list or simply passes judgments upon us as noted above, one has to
question she deserves any more respect than she demonstrates for others.

Craig