Maybe OT - SSL Cert for Tomcat

All -

I have a Tomcat server with a private IP address (i.e. 192.168.x.y). It sits behind a Linux firewall with a public IP address. When external users want to go to the Tomcat powered site, they go to the public address. Works great.

Now I need to install an SSL cert on the site. Do I need to do anything special other than just generate the CSR? Is there any special magic I have to do since the site actually lives behind the firewall and the hostname isn't really www.mydomain.xyz?

Thanks!
Thomas