Re: Maxtor or WD?

Hadders wrote:
> returned them and got two Seagate AS series SATA disks. No problems. For
> this reason I'm now thinking twice about using Western Digital.   I've
> had bad experiences in the past with Maxtor too, so I prefer Seagate
> these days.

For what it's worth, I've got a WD Raptor (SATA/150, 10000 RPM, 8 MB cache)
in my system and, aside from running a bit warmly, it's given me no troubles
in the approx. half-year that I've had it.

I've also a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 (PATA/133, 7200 RPM, 8 MB cache) which
is nearly a year old and also runs without troubles. (I use this for my
multimedia storage as well as for backup storage of various things.)

Perhaps it's simply a fortunate coincidence on my part...
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail