Re: another jerk in my mail box

Laurence Orchard wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 08:48 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 22:04 -0700, Hex Star wrote:
I don't think that comment about Dell not carring about linux is true:
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/e510_nseries?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

I have been associated with an organization that only buys Dell machines
for many years. And our department loads Linux on all our machines. I
have three Dell machines running Linux at home.

Did you manage to buy a Dell machine without a Microsoft OS installed &
paid for? If so How?
I bought one of their 600SC servers several years ago on hella discount and it came with a blank disk.
My experience is that Dell machines run Linux fairly well. If I have nay
complaint is that Dell sometimes condifures their machines with bleeding
edge components. So it has happened but not often that Linux support was
lagging a little behind on video cards for example. But it has never
been a serious problem.

I have not had a problem running Linux on them, just getting one without
Windows.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Laurence