Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    Both of these software DB packages on FC4 do not work because of
> permissions problems. MySQL info has a lot to say about permission
> problems but nothing to say about the problem I was having. PostgreSQL
> has nothing but a long criptic man page.

I'm not sure if you were expecting a reply or not, given that you didn't
pose a question or provide sufficient information for us to offer
suggestions.

I use both DBMS packages and the RPM packaging makes this a truly simple
thing to do.  Where are your permission problems showing up?  Is it that
you can't start the databases, can't access the database from their own
client applications (the mysql & psql commands), or can't connect to the
databases from other software, such as a web-based application?

Barry