MySQL and PostgreSQL

Both of these software DB packages on FC4 do not work because of permissions problems. MySQL info has a lot to say about permission problems but nothing to say about the problem I was having. PostgreSQL has nothing but a long criptic man page.

It's clear that these software which I have used in past years have matured to a level I cannot understand any more. I am going to just forget a DB and do it another way. I have wasted 3 days.

Karl