Re: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

At 2:11 PM +1000 6/14/06, Mark Sargent wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I keep getting the following errors,
>

>sudo yum install googleearth
>Password:
>Setting up Install Process
>Setting up repositories
>dries                                                                [1/6]
>livna                                                                [2/6]
>core                                                                 [3/6]
>updates                                                              [4/6]
>jpackage-generic                                                     [5/6]
>extras                                                               [6/6]
>Reading repository metadata in from local files
>primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 407 kB    14:00
>http://mirror.netglobalis.net/pub/fedora/updates/5/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz
>:
>[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>Trying other mirror.
>primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 407 kB    00:15
>http://ftp.ndlug.nd.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/i386/repodata/primary.x
>ml.gz:
>[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>Trying other mirror.
>Any suggestions? What causes this? Cheers.

This is caused by an update to the "updates" repository during the
half-hour that yum considered its cache to be valid after its last run.
Waiting and trying again will fix it, as will "yum clean metadata" or "yum
clean cache".  Installing my stablemirror plugin can prevent it from
repeating, as stablemirror always checks the current state of the repo.
(Well, there would still be trouble when an update happens during a run of
yum, but trying again immediately will take care of it.)