Re: FC5 rpm database corrupt [Solved]

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 20:54 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday June 13 2006 08:31, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > It is not safe to use yumex on FC5 with SELinux in enforcing mode until
> > selinux-policy has been updated to at least 2.2.25-3.fc5.
> >
> > To answer your question: yes, you need to update selinux-policy using
> > some method other than yumex before updating anything using yumex.
>
> Sorry, I'm still confused - not so hard as time marches on... My current
> selinux policy:
> rpm -qa | grep selinux-policy
> selinux-policy-2.2.43-4.fc5
> Are you saying that because this was installed using Yumex, it's probably
> corrupt? Should I remove it, then reinstall with yum? Or am I way off base?

Anything you installed using yumex whilst the SELinux policy package was
earlier than selinux-policy-2.2.43-4.fc5 may have been installed
incorrectly, if SELinux was in enforcing mode at the time.

If you noticed lots of scriptlet issues whilst running yumex, you are
affected. I don't know how serious the problem is because I don't know
which scriptlets will have failed to run, and what the consequence of
not running those scriptlets will have been. Possible symptoms will
include duplicate packages in the rpm database, server packages
installed without the appropriate UID being set up and hence having
files installed as root instead of the required UID. If you think that
you are having issues like this, I would seriously consider
reinstalling.

Paul.