Re: FC4 or FC5

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 15:54 -0700, jdow wrote:
> Note that there is nothing WRONG with it being a hobby or with
> hobbies in general. But to take it more seriously than you might
> take a model railroad or a hand made remote controlled B-52 model
> with real jet engines and all is silly.

There are different computer systems around, some more geared towards
only being profitable towards larger corporations, others not.  If you
want to make money from a product, you have to be sensible about which
product you work with.  This is no different than any other industry.

You can't demand that you must be able to make money from something just
because you want to.  Heck, I can learn how to make soap, but I couldn't
possibly compete with Lux or Palmolive, on a backyard creator scale.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.