Re: duplicating an installation

Correct on both - however you may want to look at the
boot/grub/device.map on the new disk to make sure it is correct, and
edit it if it is not correct.

One thing, you may want to disconnect your old disk if they are both
labeled "/", and if you are satisfied with how everything works go ahead
and relabel your old disk to something other than "/".

-Jeff