Re: FC4 or FC5

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 12:00 -0700, jdow wrote:
> > If you want RHEL ES 4 and don't need/want support, you
> > can use a re-spin such as CentOS 4.
>
> So if all I want is the updates not telephone support or anything else
> where does RedHat make their money?

You can't get RHEL without buying support.  Centos is rebuilt from
the same sources but it isn't RHEL.

>  Or do they intentionally deliver
> software that is so undocumented that it does need their active support
> to make it run?

They deliver what thousands of other people have developed and made
available for free.  If that works for you without any help, then
the Centos rebuild should be OK.  And the RH documentation is on
line, free and some of the best you'll find:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx