Re: system-config-kickstart failure to run

On 6/12/06, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When ever I run system-config-kickstart I get the following error:

[root@incredibles ~]# system-config-kickstart
system-config-kickstart requires either the base or development yum
repository enabled for package selection.  Please enable one of these in
/etc/yum.repos.d and restart the program.

Do you have the following files:

   /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo
   /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo

Kickstart needs either one of these files, both of which should be
provided by the fedora-release rpm. "rpm --verify fedora-release" will
give you a list of missing/corrupt files if the rpm is already
installed (which it should be).