Re: Disable ipv6 module

Tim:

nigel henry:
>>> Hi Tim. Just out of interest, how does "net-pf-10" reference just the
>>> ipv6 part of the "S10network" shellscript in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d ?

Tim:
>> Sorry, I don't know.  I've only read instructions on what to do, not
>> explanations about it.

nigel henry:
> Darn it. I thought I was going to get some real insight here.lol

;-)

Well, I don't think it accesses the script you mention.  The following
is just generic information:

Modprobe is to do with what modules are used when the system starts, or
for dealing with them after boot.  Something reads the modprobe.conf
file rather than the other way around.

That particular one, net-pf-10, is to do with IPv6.  Turning the alias
off removes it's association with something.  Which, in this case,
disables it.

Researching modules and modprobe might find what you want to know.

I read messages from the public lists.