Re: problem with virtual host configuration on fc3

On 6/11/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 12:28 +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:
> I am trying to configure virtual host on apache 2.0.53 on FC3. The
> directory /usr/local/test this contains some cgi programs and it is
> owned by the user "apache". I want to make these programs accessible
> through some other port for example through port number 12345
>
> <VirtualHost *:12345>
>     ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>       Options +ExecCGI
>       DocumentRoot /usr/local/test
>         ServerName 192.168.1.10
>         ErrorLog logs/password-error_log
>         CustomLog logs/password-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Whenever I put this url in the browser
> http://192.168.1.10:12345/test/prg.cgi
>
> I get the following error
>
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.10:12345.

Try it without the /test/ subdirectory.  By default, Apache sets up
a /cgi-bin/ that's applied to all hosts at their root level.

Of course you can add extra cgi-bin directories, but you have to do that
yourself.  Look up "script alias" in the Apache manual, and read on from
there.

If you also have SELinux running, you'll have to contend with
customising SELinux contexts to allow cgi-bin scripts to run from other
locations, too.  There's a FAQ about SELinux and Apache on the Fedora
website.

Alternatively, put the scripts in the place already allowed to run them,
and use the ScriptAlias Apache directive to map the URI in the manner
that you want.  There doesn't have to be a direct co-relation between
URIs and file system structure.

I read messages from the public lists.