Re: Connecting to Windows Network via VPN

Luyi Chen wrote:
This is my understanding: You have a share folder on you windows vpn server or any windows pc on you remote LAN. You want to access the folder from you local linux box. Is that right?

You have established connection to you remote network via vpn. I don't think you can use Konqueror to access the directory. You should use Network File System (NFS).

Luyi

On 6/10/06, Bill Polhemus <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Luyi Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check this http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/
Okay, Luyi, that worked like a charm! I've got a VPN connection and it
seems to be solid. The PPTP client seems stable and straightforward.

I have tried to use Konqueror (under KDE) to open a "share" or folder
now on the Windows server at the other end, but nothing happens. It
doesn't seem to work that way.

Any suggestions? I'd now just like to see if I can see the "shares" at
the other end of the VPN.