Re: Clock applet is more expensive than other clocks!

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Craig White wrote:

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 13:22 -0700, Joel Gomberg wrote:
Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

Frankly, if it wasn't for Beagle and the clock, I wouldn't have anything
to do with Evolution on this system - I'd much prefer it that way.

I don't use Evolution - I don't want Evolution - but I have to install
it for it's dependants.

Which ones specifically?

$ rpm -q --whatrequires evolution
no package requires evolution

The FC5 RPM has Evolution as a dependency for Beagle, but Beagle can be
compiled without evo.  That's what I've done.  I wish the Fedora
maintainer would eliminate the dependency so that I could install Beagle
  with the RPM. I'm not going to install Evolution just to satisfy a
non-existent requirement.

$ rpm -q --requires beagle|grep evo
mono(evolution-sharp) = 2.0.0.0
$ rpm -q --requires evolution-sharp|grep evo
evolution-data-server
$ rpm -q --requires evolution-data-server|grep evo

"Nonexistent requirement" indeed.

----
You should know the mantra...

it ain't a bug if it ain't in bugzilla