Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 20:42 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Michel wrote:
>
>> I see that there is a long thread in fedora-devel about whether to
>> push KDE out into extras. There are a lot of people out there (Linus T
>> for one !) who feel that KDE should be part of the OS.  I would hate
>> to see KDE pushed out of the core.
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
> As a matter of interest,
> what proportion of Fedora people use KDE, and what proportion Gnome?

Count me in the kde camp.

Why?  Mainly because I can do things my way in kde, whereas the gnome
way is the only way.
I've installed both and I can truthfully say I spent less than a day messing with Gnome. It just wasn't touchy feely enough... if that explains anything. I can generally dink with KDE and have it do as I please it to do. It seems intuititive for me to use, the overall use and behavior, not that I haven't cussed it some. Heck, I loved GeoWorks over Win3.1 in the DOS days, too. That I would love to see open-sourced and ported to Linux <cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar