Re: dns question

Ambrogio wrote:
Now I have a practical question, because I'm on a laptop and I'm on
customers network some days.

It's hard to recofigure DNS server on my laptop to forward queries to a
DNS server on customer LAN if I can't reach external DNS Servers because
of firewall?

There is a way to ask DHCP info but to ignore DNS info from DHCP Server?

Certainly.  See `man dhclient.conf`.  You just need a "request"
statement that asks for all the default options _except_
domain-name-servers.  On my own system I'm running BIND, so
my dhclient.conf contains a line:

     prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

That way, as long as my local server is running it will handle
any DNS requests.  If it fails, then the server(s) returned by
DHCP get used.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.