Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion

Paul Howarth wrote:

Fedora Core is self-hosting, i.e. it can be used to build itself. So if KDE is in Extras and not in Core, it follows that no KDE apps can be in Core, since they would require packages from Extras to build (and probably to run as well). Unless the self-hosting policy is changed, that precludes KDE apps from Core if KDE is moved to Extras.

I think QT and kdelibs are all you need to run KDE apps, so this might be OK if they (and -devel) are kept in core.

I appreciate KDE will be looked after in Extras, that Anaconda can make it transparent, but it does send a message... the message is that KDE is Not Invented Here.

-Andy