Re: Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

On 6/1/06, jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) When these problems bite I do NOT have time to debug them, create a
   fix, or even send a message to bugfart that there is a problem. I have
   my OWN problem to fix.

We can't help much with YOUR problems, which is all you've seemed
to mention so far.

2) The problem with the program and X-Windows should not exist in the
   first place.

Perhaps you are running character based apps inside xterm windows.  I
do that so much that I take the quirks for granted but I can see how it
would be confusing if you don't realize that the terninal window provides
cut/paste, but the app knows nothing about it and the paste operation
gets pushed through the keyboard input.  That is, before you paste you
have to get the app cursor positioned appropriately and in a mode to
accept the input.

The only other quirk I ever see is that once in a while the primary selection
disappears when bringing the target window to the front but I think it is from
double-clicking or some other mouse action that I've done accidentally.  It
never happens with the right-mouse/copy method.

Other than that, if there is a bug it isn't going to get fixed unless someone
reports the specific details.

--
 Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx