Re: [Fedora] Re: list_head debugging.

Linus Torvalds wrote:
If you are comfortable trying totally untested kernel patches (well, I did end up booting this patch just to see that it works at all - but I obviously wasn't able to check whether it will actually output anything valid), here's a patch for you to try. It _may_ give more information about exactly which wait-queue (or rather, what the poll function that was related to that wait-queue) seems to be corrupted.
Another quick update (before I go down this path here...) So after the last reboot when I turned off lm_sensors (on the 26th around 6pm mountain time), the machine bombed within 12 hours. I rebooted again and that's when I realized that i2c-core and i2c-i801 were still being loaded.

I checked /etc/modprobe.conf and that wasn't it. I checked inside /etc/modprobe.d/ and there was nothing in there. I also checked inside of /etc/sysconfig and found the i2c-i801 driver listed in hwconf. Now I don't know if that's what was causing the two to get loaded. If someone more knowledgeable about those modules and their interaction with hwconf (or any other part of the system) can explain that part to me, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I manually removed (unloaded) those two modules (through rmmod) and it's been almost 3 days now that I haven't seen any errors nor crashes. Enough time to cry glory? Maybe, but I'm still cautious.

I'll continue to keep watch and see what happens. If it bombs again (with those two modules -not- loaded) then I'll go ahead and apply this patch and go from there.

   Thanks for the help so far.

   Ashley

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130